Buyer's Closing Costs
- Bank Attorney Fee: For title search, drawing papers, et cetera - $650 - $1,000
- Recording: Recording deed - $125; recording mortgage - $175
- Certificate of Liens/Recording: Fee for Certificate - $25 - $65; recording of certificate - $65
- Survey and Plot Plan: Fees will vary.
- Bank Charge: Security Committee, Credit Report, et cetera - $300 - $500.
- Title Insurance: $2.50 per $1,000 based on mortgage amount. (Does not include the owner's policy).
- Tax Escrow Account: Usually 2-3 months taxes.
- VA Loan: 1% for Funding Fee.
- FHA Loan: A one time, up-front mortgage insurance payment (MIP) - .038% of mortgage.
- Interset of Mortgage: Some banks charge interest in advance to the first of the following month, and payments are due on the first of each month.
- Points: If applicable.
- Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI): If applicable.
- Hazard Insurance: Some banks require one year prepaid insurance policy with receipted bill.
[PDF] Buyer's Closing Costs (637 KB)
Buyer's Closing Checklist
Click on the link below to view a checklist of what to look out for when closing a sale.
[PDF] Buyer's Closing Checklist (810 KB)